Usually, most photographers’ claims are for broken or lost equipment. Aside from the inconvenience, being without the stuff you need costs time and money. It needs looking after – and it’s unlikely you can afford to replace all of it in one go. Insuring it means you don’t have to.

You’ll need public liability insurance too, because other people and their property also need looking after. If you or your equipment accidently damage something or someone, you can be looking at a big bill to compensate them or fix what’s broken. Public liability insurance means your insurer picks up the tab instead.

If you value your reputation, it’s probably a good idea to have some professional indemnity insurance. This one covers the work you do, and the consequences of a client thinking you’ve not done it very well (even if you think you have).

Essential cover…

• Portable equipment pays quickly to fix or replace your cameras, laptop, phone, lights, etc…
• Public liability insurance covers third-party property damage and injury caused by you or your business. 
• Professional indemnity insurance defends you against claims of negligence, breach of confidentiality, dishonesty, libel and slander.
• Equipment breakdown insurance covers electrical or mechanical malfunction of equipment including data recovery.

Ask for a quote now and because I’m introducing you, you’ll even get a discount up to 10% off!
Back to Top